Universal Translator

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 16 - The Law of Attraction

Okay, I was having trouble getting this entry to post on my PC last night so, technically, this post is a day late but *only* technically - therefore, I'm adjusting the date to reflect accordingly!

Right, so now that that's out of the way, I've been meaning to talk about the law of attraction. A girlfriend of mine (way back in ancient history, three years ago) tried to explain this to me and I'm pretty sure I "oh pooh-poohed" it and acted like I knew what she was talking about. The truth of the matter is, I had no clue whatsoever. Here's the basic premise of the theory: you can, within reason, have just about any sort of success you want in life - money, physical, relationships, etc. - if you can learn how to control the energy around yourself. Everything in the universe is made of energy; that much has been proven. The Law of Attraction says that "like attracts like," so, essentially, "whatever you put out there is what you'll get back." A little like karma but so much more than that.

Have you ever had one of those really, really, really good days where you were just "on" all day and it felt like nothing could go wrong? You feel this absolute joy that comes from within, right? Do you know what I'm talking about? I've heard it described as "I was just on my GAME that day!" or simply "I was having a great day!" And, of course, there's the opposite: those days where nothing but nothing seems to go right and everything just sort of snowballs down hill. Yeah, I've had those days, too. Well, the Law of Attraction says that you can learn how to control the energy that brings about those unbelievably good days. Unfortunately, most of us are taught all of the negatives: don't, can't, won't, shouldn't and so on from a very young age so we learn to draw in the negative a lot more easily than the positive.

Well, last autumn, I came across this book called, "Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting," written by Lynn Grabhorn and it literally changed my life. It doesn't just talk about the Law of Attraction and what it does for people. It's actually a how-to manual. Do It This Way And I Promise You'll See A Difference. Let me tell you something, whoever you are; that woman was not just whistling Dixie! My whole life has done a 180 degree turn and I'm completely stunned. It WORKS!

I've got to cut this short for now but the next time I write, I'm going to start talking about what learning about and learning to embrace this law has done for me. I can't wait to tell you! Ciao for now!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the same premise that is describe in the book, The Secret. I'm not the spiritual type, but I really do believe in "The Law of Attraction" or positive thinking....

    I'm enjoying your blog ....

    Miffy....

    ReplyDelete