Universal Translator

Monday, May 24, 2010

Post 35 - He's Here, He's Here, He's Here!

...and I am over the moon!

Okay, so what's the skinny? Gosh, where to begin? Thursday morning, I went to work and was practically useless; I felt terrible because I love my job and I love to do wonderful things for my families but I couldn't help it - once I found the flight tracker online, I probably checked the little moving airplane on the map every 30 minutes! So, when I was on the L-train on my way to work, it was like "ooooh, he's half way over the Atlantic!" By Stella's snack time, "ohhhh, he's over Nova Scotia now!!" and then when she went down for her nap, "omg, he's flying over New Jersey!" His plane to Chicago departed from Atlanta at 3pm central time and I was so nervous about him making the connecting flight that I actually called Delta to make sure he actually made it ON the plane. Thankfully, the girl on the other end was compassionate enough to assure me that yes, he was on the plane and it was taxi-ing down the runway about to take off at that very moment. WOOOO!

By 5pm, he'd arrived in Chicago and at 5:15, I met my dragon man face to face for the first time. To say that we were both overwhelmed is an understatement! Add to that, Marc's fascination with a city like Chicago along with a heavy dose of jet lag and he was just speechless. We took the L-train home and I kind of let him look around at everything while we talked (and grinned a LOT) quietly. Once we got home, he dropped his bags, took me in his arms and that, boys and girls, was THAT.

Since then, we have slipped right into life together. To be honest, it's EXACTLY as I thought it would be. Only better somehow. We complement each other well (not a surprise to me at all) and our personalities are definitely well-suited to each other. I think we've both been alone long enough, too, that we truly appreciate - well, not just the kissing and the romance but the companionship, know what I mean? It's just really, really nice to have someone to wake up and enjoy a cup of coffee with in the morning. Add to that, holding hands, inside jokes, sharing meals and having talks about everything under the sun... I am in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment