Universal Translator

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Post 33 - Glass Half Empty? Glass Half Full!

Okay, so here I am once again with another excuse about not writing. That's the bad news. The good news is... even though I'm not doing it every day, I am still maintaining this blog, which is totally a first for me! So as far as my ambitious goal of a daily entry? So far, a fail. But on the subject of my goal of actually keeping this thing going consistently, epic win! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

*firm nod of head*

So what's up in my little neck of the virtual woods? Everything, as usual. First off, Marc will be here in precisely six days, 20 hours and 36 minutes as I write this sentence. But who's counting? I am SO excited! And nervous! Not about meeting him face to face - that I am purely ready for, plain and simple! But he's been having internet problems and communicating without him having internet access is very hairy! I'm hoping and praying he'll be back online before next Thursday so we can finalise our plans but, if we don't talk, I'll just show up at the airport and cross my fingers. Ugh, I don't like not having a highly organized plan (with a Plan B and Plan C firmly in place) but I'll live. *grumbly sigh*

On the work front, I'm getting some requests to write blog content. For pay. Wheee! This is good news! I like writing. I like money. I like making money while writing. See? It's a beautiful thing! The day job is going well, too. I love the family that I work for and the itty bitty one that I care for is just too stinking cute. She's just discovered walking (a few steps here, a few steps there... a LOT of faceplants along the way so it's bruise city for her) and has great fun showing everyone how clever she is by wobbling from the couch to the table and back again. Good times for sure! It's been too rainy to get outside though so we've been cooped up indoors. Boo! Hiss! As my friend, Mia, said: Dear Mother Nature, why are you hating on us so much? We want to get outside and enjoy all you have to offer so ease up on the rain and cold a little, kthxbai!

Ooo. And here's news: my room mate's moving back in. Pardon my language but dammit! Ugh. Okay, so she owns the place (details! whatever!) but she's lived in it all of one month in the last 8 that I've been here and the last I'd heard, she wasn't coming back so I'd been getting kinda comfy. And *whispers* she's got issues. So I gotsta go... I can't stay around that kind of drama; I refuse to fill my life with bad vibes any more, you know? I just... won't do it. Which means I am now apartment hunting again. I've got several folks looking for me and trying to pull some strings for me so we'll see what shakes out. In the meantime, though, I'm just not worrying about it. The right place will turn up at the right time. The real estate agent might have a new condo for me to help out with, too, so ... I'll keep you posted as things develop.

For some reason, I am completely wiped out so I'm going to bed in a moment. I just... whew, 6 days and some change. Wow, this is really happening! :) :)) :))) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment