Universal Translator

Monday, May 3, 2010

Post 30 - A Little Stress Relief

The wait continues. I try to keep busy so I won't think about it - not always easy but I find ways. Tonight's stress reliever: singing. Man, I don't know what it is about music but my whole attitude can change with the right song. I entered an online karaoke contest called "Elvis Vs. Patsy." Initially, everyone submitted either an Elvis Presley song or a Patsy Cline song of their own choosing to qualify for the contest. From there, a Team Elvis and a Team Patsy were formed. I love me some Patsy Cline so it goes without saying where I ended up. Our first challenge was actually really fun! The entire Team (E or P) has to sing the same song. All of the Patsies (haha) are singing "Imagine That." Now... I have sung a few Patsy songs in my life but I've never even heard of that one sooooo.... thank you, Lord, for YouTube. I did a search, gave it three or four listens and here's what I came up with:

Me Singing Patsy Cline's "Imagine That."
(no really - it's me singing, haha!)



So yeah, I'm still missing Marc. I'm still feeling like crap because I have no idea what the HELL is going on and why he suddenly disappeared... but I'm okay. I mean, this isn't due to anything I've done wrong so there's no "why me" or "how could I have made this not happen" stuff going on in my head. This is his stuff to work through. Meanwhile, I'm just taking care of me, spending time on the phone with my kids, taking the dog for walks, meeting people in the neighborhood and doing this goofy online karaoke thing to keep busy. It's all good. I just... you know. Miss him and hope he extracts his head from his butt very, very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment