Universal Translator

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Post 52 - Rough day but muddling along

It's Saturday and, even though I just wanted to curl up into a ball and cry this morning while hiding from the world, I got up and went to Zumba. And yes, as usual, I'm glad I went. For one hour, I fill my mind with music and movement and, for that one hour, everything else just sort of disappears. Would you believe today was actually the day that I *didn't* look at the clock more than I *did?* True story. I also stuck around for the ab lab class afterward. My abs felt like they were on fire. At one point, I thought, "I don't want to do this - I can't do it!!!" but then another voice in my head said, "FIGHT IT - DON'T GIVE UP" so I did. I got angry and (inwardly) a little tearful and I kept going.

This is one of my favourite songs we dance to - it's called Galactic Blues by Don Omar and it is HOT! Hope you like it, too :)




I did title this post "rough day but muddling along" for a reason. The fact is, I'm having another difficult day. I miss Marc more and more with each passing day. Not knowing whether or not he's alright is so scary. I finally pulled out the big guns and contacted someone for help today. If everything's okay, Marc will probably be pretty unhappy but I think he'll understand as well. I try really hard to be low-key about his depression but when he's gone this long without contacting me, I have to do whatever it takes to make sure he's safe. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'd much rather have him be alive and angry with me than the alternative, you know?

Well let's see. I've exercised, tidied my tiny little apartment and taken the dog for a walk. I really don't want to go to the German festival but maybe, after a nap and a shower, I'll go head out for a little live band karaoke. Maybe. Or maybe I'll just stay in tonight and watch a couple of movies.

Anyway, wherever you are, whatever you're doing, I hope you're having an amazing weekend.

Love to you all,

Kelley

1 comment:

  1. I think you did the right thing, it being 7 weeks and a record absence. It has to be unbelievably stressful, though! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete