Universal Translator

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Post 56 - Another Sunday

Today, I began earnestly working on my second blog after making my rounds visiting the street people of Chicago and meeting a few new folks.

First, a little update on this past week. I downplayed things big time after last Sunday. I'd been out on the street with a sidewalk outreach ministry group and, when I got home, emotionally drained, a few people on a message board I belong to (Yelp) had made some incredibly hurtful comments, saying that my actions would be much more thoughtful if I was genuinely humble instead of bragging about myself. Normally, I wouldn't be hugely phased by the ugliness but, this time, I was crushed. I think it had something to do with being so tired, so sore and so cold.

Well. The bad news was that I was sad. I cried (ugh, I hate that). I'd like to say I got over it but the truth is, it still stings a little when I think about it.

However! The *GOOD* news is this: I received an outpouring of support from some wonderful members of the site. I received more emails than I could keep up with and have received donations, offers of help and just general encouragement. I was blown away by the kindness of so many people and, dork that I am, I probably cried in front of each of them when we met face to face! haha! Oh well, I'm an emotional Irish-Italian American woman. I come by my emotions honestly!

As I mentioned, after today's excursion, I began my new blog that is purely for the street people I've met. At the moment, it's only got a bio for a few folks but I have several more that I need to add. Please take a moment to read the blog (or at least skim it) and I hope you will be able to see why these people mean so much to me. Here you go: Magnanimous Beauty

Last but not least, please, please keep the dragon man in your thoughts and prayers. He's caving again and I miss him terribly! And when he comes back out of his cave, I'm going to kick his German butt if he even tries to tell me that he doesn't have seasonal affective disorder! *stubborn redhead face*

No comments:

Post a Comment