Universal Translator

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Post 37 - What A Whirlwind!!!

Wow, so lots of updates to share!

First, the visit with Marc. Can I just say this? I'm in love. No, make that Love. Capital L, no doubt about it. And make no mistake - I don't think either one of us is putting on the "oh, we're new and in love so everything is forgivable" act (hahaha)! But I am so happy, so excited about our future... finally finally finally, life feels right on track. It's difficult to explain. I mean, it's not that Marc completes me. For the first time in my life, I feel complete all by myself. But we bring out the best in each other - for SURE. And that is most definitely a good thing!

We had to say our "see you later" on Monday, 7 June. I was a little teary but not overly dramatic because I know our path now. This wasn't "good bye;" it really was, "see you soon - now hurry back!" We've got a lot of work to do and it all starts with me. I'm still not legally divorced from the ex and he's buggered off to who-knows-where in England. So finally, I can file for a default divorce. Thank GOODNESS. Once that's done, Marc and I are on our way to a K-1 visa journey together. Hooray!

Work! What's going on with work? Everything! I'm still nannying/managing households by day. But I've begun writing again (yes, for pay) at night - which is a big reason why I haven't been here. I'm writing and writing at a frenzied pace every day but it's not always here on this blog. I need to do something about that. A little check-in now and again to keep the pulse vibrating. Also, I think I need some sort of focus instead of just writing willy-nilly about whatever's in my head. I'll give that some thought!

So what else is going on? My youngest has been here with me for the past couple of weeks. She arrived the Saturday before Marc left. A week later, one of her best friends arrived and will be staying with us until Thursday. They've been wonderful and very, very... 8th grade (as well they should be at 12 and 13 years old)! So I'm happy as a clam that they're here and I'm utterly exhausted as well! Let's see... the friend leaves on Thursday and then, on Friday, my 15 year old arrives with one of her closest friends. I'll have two 15 year olds and a 12 year old occupying every corner of my tiny apartment. Pray for me! hahaha!

Alrighty, I need to get back to work for now but I really didn't want to let another day go by without checking in, whoever you are... chat soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment